Professional Practices and Responsibilities
Professional Practices and responsibilities
Professional Practices and Responsibilities (PPR) is a compulsory online course for new and revalidating applicants for RYA Commercial Endorsement to support a skipper’s Certificate of Competence. You do the course in your own time and can start as soon as you are registered.
All new applicants applying for Commercial Endorsement holding one of the certificates below are required to complete the online PPR course.
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Advanced Powerboat
- RYA Coastal Skipper (sail or Power)
- RYA Yachtmaster Offshore (Sail or Power)
- RYA Yachtmaster Ocean (Sail or Power)
Candidates usually take between six and eight hours to work through the four-course modules of the PPR and exams.
- Commercial environment – how you fit into the professional maritime world.
- People – the importance of correct manning, keeping your skills up to date and the safe management of commercial vessels.
- Vessel – the compulsory carriage and maintenance of safety equipment and how to create and implement risk control and operating procedures.
- Purpose – making sure your vessel is suitable and legal for the work you are carrying out, your obligations in protecting the environment, appropriate planning and situational awareness.
- Following the modules, there is a mock assessment so you can check you are ready before moving on to the final graded online assessment.
Duration: 6 hours
Cost: 50 euros
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes